- When required, Perform detailed analysis of an Agricultural entity’s production levels, climatic conditions, financial and managerial ability, financial performance and borrowing requirements.
- Provide Relationship Executives and Credit Sanctions with an Agri Report containing relevant crop, climatic, financial and managerial information to enable them to make a qualified credit decision.
- Provide guidance and input (in terms of Financial Structures & Viability) with respect to poor performing clients/accounts with the goal of assisting and managing them back to acceptable credit levels.
- Provide support, guidance and advice during the disaster situations to minimise the impact on ABSA.
- Together with the Relationship Executive and Credit, review existing Agri client facilities and assist with Rescue Management processes (Financial Structure & Viability and Credit Rescue Management) where necessary .
- Provide guidance to the Relationship Executive in identifying accounts that carry a high risk and provide guidance to normalise.
- Conduct a client needs analysis as frequently as needed.
- Provide regular updates to Management on solutioning and business enablement activities and the financial performance of the Agri Business portfolios.
- Store the Agri Business reports and feasibility studies in the Public Folders on the NAS Server.
- Conduct annual Concentration Risk Assessment to determine market share per Industry and Industry contribution to total bank exposure.
- Conduct comprehensive competitor analysis in area of responsibility, document findings and present findings in a research report. Ensure that all research reports are stored in the Public Folders on the NAS Server.
- Assist Relationship Executives with sector specific industry knowledge and expertise in preparation for or during client engagement.
- Assist Learning and Development in compiling Agri training material for training of all staff with Agri clients or involved in Agri finance.
- Assist Learning and Development with the training of all staff involved in Agri finance.
- Assist the Centre of Excellence to complete business cases for submission to product and segment
- Hold annual meetings to update and validate Agri Valuation Guidelines, and distribute to relevant stakeholders (Credit/Business bank/Other.
- Assist the Relationship Executives in identifying new clients with potential for growth, cross selling or book maintenance, by reviewing current exposure, cash flows, assets and liabilities, commodity prices and internal/ external demand on commodities.
Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Absa Bank Limited is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. In compliance with the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic representation of our workforce profile and add to the diversity of the Bank.
Absa Bank Limited reserves the right not to make an appointment to the post as advertised
To apply for this job please visit absa.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.