Website Allan Gray
Allan Gray Institutional IT team is around 65 members, covering a range of skills and responsibilities including Domain Owners, Development Manager, Architect, Business Analysts, Developers (.NET and SQL) and IT Operations. The team operates with four business-aligned domains (Front Office, Middle Office, Fund Operations and Client Servicing). Additionally, the technical IT domain and IT Operations teams support with work of the business-aligned domains. Thus, there are several career development opportunities within Institutional IT.
As a Senior Business Analyst in the Middle Office Domain you will be responsible for working with key stakeholders to understand business direction, propose solutions, provide insight into business problems, and assist the domain in the implementation of long-term solutions. This role requires knowledge of asset management processes and business analysis experience in an IT context.
• Identify themes and trends within area of responsibility, appreciate inherent risks and highlight change opportunities.
• Clarification and communication to ensure alignment on focus areas and problems worth solving.
• Liaise with domain stakeholders to determine priorities and effective solutions to meet business requirements.
• Design usable, elegant, practical, and scalable solutions to meet business needs.
• Conduct Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with developers, business users or testers.
• Document system solutions (e.g. process flows, requirements, and functional specifications).
• Plan and manage implementation of solutions.
• Train and facilitate end user adoption of solutions.
• Manage business expectations and proactively mitigate any risks of production releases by conducting impact analysis, user acceptance testing, software testing, and relevant user training.
• Conduct post implementation reviews to ascertain value added and address any post release issues.
• Support team members in achieving delivery objectives.
• Help with domain quality and performance continuous improvement efforts.
• Collaborate with system architects to define infrastructure supporting the domain requirements.
• Design and coordinate IT and Business testing.
• Maintain the backlog and coordinate sprint planning.
• Maintain production solutions and provide timely resolution of production support logs.
• Proactively understanding why production support is happening and impact on business processes.
• Provide technical and business support to users at critical business periods.
• Determine the importance and priority of problems and requests raised.
• Coordinate and manage production defects to closure.
Skills and Competencies
• Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to analyse complex problems spanning multiple areas/system.
• Comfortable with change.
• Ability to lead a team effectively.
• Driven to implement efficiencies.
• Ability to deal with and influence senior stakeholders.
• Determined and persistent / ability to perform well under pressure.
• Ability to manage personal workload and delivery expectations.
• Flexible approach to working hours.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
• Good communication and coordination skills.
• Ability to accept responsibility for all tasks done.
• Flexible, energetic, trustworthy, organised, self-disciplined
• Independent thinker.
• Demonstrate leadership qualities.
• Understands how applications are constructed.
• You know how to structure tests and to test interfaces and integrated systems.
• You are passionate about great software.
• People management (advantage)
• Project management capabilities (Advantage)
• You make timely decisions that add long term value
Require a good understanding of
• Asset Management Business.
• System Development Life Cycle / SCRUM methodology.
• Problem solving techniques.
• Release Processes and IT environments.
• Testing Methodology.
• Relevant tertiary qualification (e.g. BComm, B Bus Science degree) with strong academic performance.
• Sound understanding of asset management processes (Advantage)
• Min of 8 years’ experience in an IT business analysis role (preferably in asset management).
To apply for this job please visit career2.successfactors.eu.