Employer: AVBOB Mutual Assurance Society
The above-mentioned position exists within the Corporate Affairs Department. The incumbent will be responsible for the overall planning, organizing and implementation of events. Overseeing all the travel logistics and specific functions associated with successful grassroots activation in pursuance of the goals of the Group’s ESD programme.
- Plan, organise and implement events, exhibitions and roadshows throughout the year.
- Facilitate all the activities of the assigned event, act as a primary contact for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Investigate venues, suppliers and arrange quotations, prepare detailed event costing in line with budget approval.
- Facilitate and coordinate event’s logistics before and after the events.
- Liaise and engage with all stakeholders for successful execution of events and projects.
- Coordinate events in adherence to the Group’s protocols.
- Attend all related events and address potential problems to achieve successful implementation.
- Monitor and supervise the use of all the GigRig equipment and promotional items.
- Provide full report after each event including post event evaluation.
- Supervise the GigRig driver.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION:
- Diploma or relevant NQF level 6 qualification.
- Code 8 driver license.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION:
- 4 Years’ experience with a strong focus on events planning and exhibitions.
- Stakeholder management skills.
- Knowledge of marketing principles and methods.
- Project management.
- Events management skills.
- Relationship building and networking skills.
- Strong negotiation skills and problem solving skills.
- Sound judgement and decision making skills.
- Good communication skills (verbal, written and listening).
- Sound knowledge of financial and budget principles.
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION:
- Communication skills.
- Analytical ability.
- MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Leadership skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Accurate, figure orientated and attention to detail.
To apply for this job please visit www.careers24.com.