Website Cape Peninsula University of Technology
The purpose of the position is to develop students with specific core knowledge, skills and career training in Project Management, who become life-long learners and engaged citizens. The lecturer is involved in lecturing subjects such as Project Management & Business Computer Applications The incumbent will work closely with the rest of the Project Management staff, students and postgraduate students. S/he will provide effective and efficient academic, administrative and organisational leadership to promote excellence and prominence in teaching and learning, research and innovation, and community engagement in Project Management Programme. This will be manifested in the development of:
- Lecturing material for both undergraduate and postgraduate programmes;
- Excellence in the supervision of postgraduate students and a proven research track record;
- Curricular initiatives responsive to the socio-economic development needs of the society; and
- Partnerships with associated corporate entities.
- Contribute to academic initiatives undertaken by the department to enhance learning according to the needs of the industry and the department’s teaching & learning goals.
The department is interested in an experienced lecturer with knowledge of Project Management and Research methodologies at the Higher Education Level. The position requires proven management, academic and student support skills with a Master’s degree relevant to Project Management.
- A masters degree in Project Management as well as an underpinning Bachelor’s degree in Project Management
- Knowledge and experience of hybrid models of teaching and learning (FtF and online learning)
- A minimum of 2 years’ relevant teaching experience in higher education.
- Successful supervision of postgraduate students as a primary supervisor or co-supervisor:
- Evidence of research and publications
- Teaching and Learning: Lectures both undergraduate and postgraduate subjects such as Project Management, Project Resources, Project Management Process, and Procurement Management. Compiles subject guides in compliance with University rules. Uses appropriate teaching methods, practices, and technologies. Develops learning materials for students. Assists students with problems in learning and appointment of tutors / mentors. Workload allocation may change according to departmental / faculty needs as determined by the Head of Department.
- Accreditation – Adhere to Council of Higher Education accreditation policy and procedures.
- Academic Management- Sets annual objectives pertaining to academic subjects and review teaching and learning practices.
- Administration – Assists with the registration of students. Administer student attendance registrar, assessment records and uploads learners’ results. Examine and moderate assessments and examinations. Reports progress on the syllabus developments.
- Community Service & Outreach- Contributes to community initiatives by integrating community interventions into curriculum.
- Counselling – Provides counselling and mentoring to learners.
- Quality Assurance – Contributes to Quality Assurance through committee meetings and submission of relevant documents. Monitors the impact of QA recommendations within the department and implements appropriate interventions.
- Recruitment / Admissions / Marketing – Contributes to the planning for “Open Day” and attends “Open Day”.
- Personal / Professional Development – Keeps abreast with developments in the field of study and their implications for curriculum.
- Keeps abreast with developments of professional conduct within the University. Engages in current professional developments activities.
- Human Resources Management- Adhere to University performance management system and identify training needs for career development.
- Industry Advisory Board and Partnerships – Liaise with commerce and industry on Experiential Training, new techniques / technologies, and research projects.
- Research – Conducts research, supervise and lecture to post graduate students, publishes research articles. Keeps abreast of professional literature.
- Health & Safety – Ensure compliance with University health and safety rules and regulations
- Excellence in Teaching and Learning, with a track record and evidence of diligence
- Ability to introduce change
- Building partnerships
- Client/learner focus
- Mentorship skills
- Interest for research
- People management
Closing date: 25 September 2022
Enquiries: [email protected]
NB: THIS SYSTEM DOES NOT ALLOW APPLICANTS TO UPLOAD CVs, QUALIFICATION, CERTIFICATES OR ANY IDENTITY DOCUMENTATION. PLEASE DO NOT E-MAIL YOUR APPLICATION OR DOCUMENTATION UNLESS IT IS REQUIRED BY THE HUMAN CAPITAL DEPARTMENT. IT IS THUS IMPORTANT THAT APPLICANTS COMPLETE ALL SECTIONS COMPREHENSIVELY AS FAILURE TO DO SO MIGHT DISADVANTAGE YOU. PLEASE UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION ON THE SYSTEM WITH THE LATEST INFORMATION AS THIS WILL BE THE ONLY CRITERIA USED FOR EVALUATION OF YOUR APPLICATION BY OUR PANEL.
To apply for this job please visit cput.hua.hrsmart.com.