Website NGO Pulse
Just Grace is a non-profit organisation that runs various community empowerment initiatives in Langa Township, Cape Town.
We are looking for a passionate person join the team as a Chartered Accountant (CA(SA)) to implement Just Grace’s Accounting Technicians’ Training Programme.
The individual will train participants who enrol in the accounting stream of our Youth Activation Programme. This will include training the participants in accounting, tax and payroll theory as well as guiding them through the practical component of the AT(SA) course (including the use of cloud accounting software, SARS etc.). The incumbent will also be required to lead a social enterprise that will be a key component of the practical training, where accounting and tax services are offered for a fee.
1) Establish and lead the operations of a social enterprise cloud accounting firm to generate funds that will contribute towards the costs of an Accounting Technicians Programme
- Recruiting of new clients
- Performing accounting and tax services for clients in return for fees
- Review of work completed by participants in practical phase
- Review of work completed by participants in entrepreneurship phase
- Ensuring compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements
2) In relation to the Accounting Technicians Programme
- Manage and update the technical accounting content
- Deliver the technical accounting and tax training to participants
- Deliver the practical accounting and tax training to participants
- Ensure all accreditation requirements are met per FASSET / SAICA
- Mentor participants enrolled on entrepreneurship phase
3) Develop appropriate partnerships with SAICA and other industry leaders
4) Develop partnerships with key cloud accounting firms, including as a placement option for participants.
- A passion for community development and the NGO sector and working with young people.
- Inquisitive and self-motivated learner.
- Proactive and performance orientated.
- Relevant Accounting qualification and professional membership with SAICA.
- Must be analytically minded and have excellent English writing skills, including the ability to compile insightful and user-friendly reports.
- Must be technically competent and understand complex accounting and tax concepts.
- Must have an excellent understanding of personal and corporate tax including IRP6, ITR12/14, VAT201. EMP201, EMP501.
- A good understanding of Xero and other cloud-based software is an advantage.
- Must be highly organised, deadline driven and efficient with planning skills and a proactive and positive approach.
- Ability to work well in a diverse team environment, and to coordinate multiple inputs to tight deadlines, with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong MS Office skills a must.
- Fluency in an isiXhosa is advantageous but not required.
Remuneration: R40 000 per month. Closing date for applications is 14 August 2022, but applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Kindly note that applications which do not meet the minimum requirements will not be considered.
To apply, please complete the form here: https://forms.office.com/r/1vAuw5i6aU.
Note: only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Just Grace reserves the right not to appoint.
See www.justgrace.co.za for more info.
To apply for this job please visit ngopulse.net.