No Relocation Assistance Offered
# 140184 – Midrand, Gauteng, South Africa
We are Colgate – a caring, innovative growth company reimagining a healthier future for all people, their pets, and our planet. We are a leading global consumer products company with portfolios in Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition.
At Colgate, we have a purpose! Every day around the world, we transform the lives of hundreds of millions people and pet families through groundbreaking innovation, outstanding products and nutrition, and committed people.
Our strong culture of collaboration, diversity, sustainability and inclusion is grounded in our core values of Caring, Global Teamwork and Continuous Improvement. Employees are rewarded by rich career development and career experiences. We pride ourselves on our focus on delivering high ethical, the richness that our diverse team brings, outstanding standards and our dedication to developing our employees. With many local benefits such as Summer Hours, Wellbeing programs, access to discounted Product, medical & life insurance, improved superannuation to name a few!
Scope of Responsibility
The Regional Field Sales Manager is responsible for managing the field sales operations in a territory or geographic region and managing the Customer Development Executives as well directing the activities of the 3rd party sales and merchandising provider’s resources in order to deliver our net sales, distribution, volume growth, forward share and market share targets.
- Building relationships with key contacts (e.g. Operations & store managers) and providing customers with objective and trustworthy analysis of their business in order to ensure that customers carry an appropriate portfolio of Colgate products that receive optimal exposure at store level
- Conducting regular business reviews and follow-up on sales activity, new products, customer service, receivables, and claims
- Developing and executing customer plans that profitably increase sales volume, distribution and market share
- Working with logistics team to plan, analyze, and forecast customer(s) needs, to follow up on orders to ensure on time and complete delivery, and to prioritize customer requirements when product is unavailable
- Monitoring activity at store level and communicating competitive, category, and product (e.g. pricing, product assortment, promotion and placement) information impacting sales results to customer marketing and Customer management so that they can proactively respond with new strategies and tactics
- Tracking KPIs and taking action to improve performance
Required Qualifications :
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a similar role in an FMCG environment
- Previous experience in managing a field sales team & 3rd party Sales Agents
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Tom’s of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet and Hill’s Prescription Diet.
For more information about Colgate’s global business, visit the Company’s web site at http://www.colgatepalmolive.com. To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® oral health education program, please visit http://www.colgatebsbf.com. To learn more about Hill’s and the Hill’s Food, Shelter & Love program please visit http://www.hillspet.com. To learn more about Tom’s of Maine please visit http://www.tomsofmaine.com.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact [email protected] with the subject “Accommodation Request” should you require accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.colgate.com.