Cotlands is a registered non-profit organisation (NPO) committed to creating access to quality play-based early learning experiences through toy libraries and early learning playgroups. We capacitate adults working with children and educate the parents of children on a variety of topics related to early childhood development.
Join the passionate team at this leading NGO, with a strong national footprint. The organisation is well established and has been in operation for more than 85 years.
The role of the Project manager in Mkhondo, Piet Retief, Mpumalanga is to manage and coordinate all activities with all entities involved. Be in charge of the day-to-day operations of the project. Carry out policies and operate within the guidelines set. Make recommendations to management to insure that the project makes effective and efficient use of resources.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Strategic leadership:
- Work through complexity of key issues, problems and opportunities to affect actions clearly and quickly
- Set goals to align with organisational goals
- Identify and exploit opportunities
- Proactively build and align stakeholders, capacity and resources to get thing done efficiently and achieve objectives
- Attract, develop and retain talent to ensure that people with the right skills and motivation are in the right place at the right time
- Build passion and commitment towards a common goal
- Integrate information from all sources to develop well-informed, diverse perspective that can be used to optimise organisational performance.
- Create an environment that embraces change, makes change happen and helps others to accept new ideas.
2. Plan and organise
- Policies and procedures
3. Financial acumen
- Prepare annual budget
- Manage regional expenses according to budget
- Assist with income where possible
4. Coordinate and direct operations
- Implementation plans
- Organise activities
- Coordinate staffing requirements
- Issue instructions and duties
- Control performance
5. Influencing and negotiating
- Manage relationships
- Resolve conflict
- Establish strategic connections
- Develop emotional intelligence
Make impactful presentations
- Proven track record of at least 5 years in a project management role including managing a team.
- Ability to speak and understand the local African language
- Experience in managing, mentoring and coaching team members.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Results-oriented, strategic thinker and planner.
- Valid driver’s license with own reliable transport.
- Team building
- Drive and dependability
- Employee development
- Stress tolerance/flexibility
- Analysis and decision making
- Quality assurance
- Risk awareness
- Interpersonal relations
- ‘Client’ service
- Diversity awareness
- Communication – written and verbal
- Qualification in Early Childhood Development will be an advantage
- Prior non-profit experience is beneficial
- Knowledgeable and passionate about the organisation’s mission
- Ability to manage a team
By applying for the above mentioned position, applicants consent to Cotlands to conduct qualification, ID, Criminal and Reference checks on them which form part of its recruitment process.
NB. Applicants who have not heard from Cotlands one month after the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful and, any future correspondence from Cotlands thereof will be limited to shortlisted applicants only.
Cotlands reserves the right to re-advertise any of the above listed Positions should the need arise and also reserves the right not to fill any of the listed Positions.
Non-South African Citizens and non-South African Permanent Residence holders must be in possession of valid documentation authorizing them to work in South Africa.
Cotlands is an equal opportunity employer.
Candidates from key vulnerable populations are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit cotlands.mcidirecthire.com.