Website Dalitso Holdings
- To playing a strategic advisory role to the sector by providing data, insights and innovative ideas that will inform the strategic direction of the organization, as well as evaluating the performance of the organisation against the set targets and objectives.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Revolutionise our current data collection methods through innovation and use of technological advancements.
- Establish thought leadership regarding new approaches and the development of the analytical community to support business growth and objectives.
- Analyse customer product consumption in all our markets.
- Actively or lead the develop effective data architecture requirements to support analytical activities.
- Spearhead new analytical processes and modelling to enable drive actionable insights
- Work successfully with unstructured and real-time data across the organisation
- Coordinate on-going customer service monitoring surveys: data collection, data analysis; and developing and distributing monthly reports for internal and external consumption.
- Coordinate with operating units and survey vendors to conduct annual satisfaction and consumer surveys within time frames outlined in work plans: obtaining survey samples and summarising results.
- Assist with the design, development, implementation, analysis, and reporting of traveller satisfaction surveys.
- Building analytics capabilities and business intelligence initiatives by assessing current state of data and analytics capabilities, developing an analytics strategy, working collaboratively with the DigiTech BU to develop data infrastructure, and TE BU to create and executing a product development roadmap that will assist with MIF.
- Develop market reports for various business units.
- Oversee and manage the execution of special studies and develop data and information, assessment and recommendations as requested by the business.
- Use data as well as research and generated insights to advise the Executives and Business Unit Heads on the impact of industry, market trends and intel on the strategic direction of the organisation.
- Oversee and manage the development and refinement of the Marketing Investment Framework (MIF).
- Work closely with third party vendors to drive innovate solutions to optimise data mining.
- Provide thought leadership for research and data science.
- Maintain a good knowledge of relevant analytical and statistical techniques
- Lead the Integration of various data stream that are available within the organisation to ensure comprehensive synthesis of the analysis.
Qualifications and Experience
- B.Sc. IN Data Science, Big Data and Analytics or Applied Mathematics Honours, B.Com. Information Systems Honours
- MSc. Data Science, Big Data and Analytics or Applied Mathematics.
- PhD in Applied Mathematics, Data Science, Data Analytics will be an added advantage.
- 8-10 years’ experience in data science, data analytics and research or a related field, of which 5 years should be in management position.
- Previous experience in managing an Analytics/ Research Department is essential.
- Ability to develop use algorithms and develop statistical models to analyse and draw inferences from data patterns.
- Deep understanding of ‘R’ programming languages as well as fair knowledge of others like HTML, python, Java Script, SQL,
- Professional certification with related Institutions
- Knowledge and deep understanding of technology like machine, deep learning, Artificial Intelligence and VR technologies and applications.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulatory requirements i.e., PFMA, Treasury Regulations and Frameworks on performance information and strategic plans as well as government priorities and imperatives.
To apply for this job please visit www.ditto.jobs.