BE PART OF THE WORLD’S LARGEST LOGISTICS COMPANY
Deutsche Post DHL Group is the world’s leading logistics and mail company.
We’re one of the world’s largest employers, operating in over 220 countries and territories. We’re Europe’s largest postal service, partner for eCommerce and pioneers in secure digital communication. We’re number one in contract logistics and international express delivery, and a leader in the forwarding business.
Join us and you’ll be working for a global company that’s focused on service, quality and sustainability, and using the power of global trade to connect people and improve lives.
And not just for our Customers, but for every member of our Group too.
At DHL Supply Chain South Africa we’re looking for…
WMOS and Training Specialist
To ensure day-to-day business application support and management for warehouse management systems – handling system issues, answering user queries and the testing of application changes or enhancements to ensure maximum system performance. As the Super User of the warehouse management systems, assist all departments/sites with systems and procedures queries as well as provide training on the warehouse systems.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Assists with the Configuration and deployment of WMOS/TOMS product management applications in-line with industry methodologies and standards;
- Build strong working relationships with the Cluster Business Unit teams;
- Support the IT Program Leads in delivering quality product for use in the operational business;
- Contribution to improving the country business unit P&L through effective usage of IT services and solutions;
- Responsible for contributing to the delivery of IT projects from definition phases through to successful delivery;
- Communicate with the project manager to ensure the maintenance of the project plan and time scales to ensure delivery;
- Escalation of any project of implementation related issues;
- Support product management activity for new business initiatives;
- Establish productive business relationships with all stakeholders;
- Compile and submit all training-related reports within a given timeframe;
- Develop and Update with new information training material for trainees;
- Schedule and Deliver training as per Operations requirements;
- Be able to demonstrate to trainees best practices;
- Interface effectively with the Site Teams, IT, Solutions Design and Business Development departments to gather information and build efficient, cost effective solutions;
- Drive cost containment and/or cost reductions through the efficient use of the warehouse systems;
- Identify and mitigate warehouse system risks;
- Be actively involved in and support change initiatives related to the implementation of new systems;
- Support internal decision making processes by presenting accurate fact based information, which can be concisely presented to management for critical review and approval, in either presentation and/or report form
Grade 12 / Matric – Essential
Tertiary qualification or RPL within DPDHL
WMOS or other WMS Certification or RPL within DPDHL
10-15 years Logistics & Warehouse experience with WMOS or WMS experience
Knowledge of Logistics within a FMCG distribution facility
Ability to follow work procedures and safety rules
Ability to read, understand and follow directions/instructions
Ability to count accurately and to perform simple math calculations
Microsoft Office package proficiency
Good follow through & General Efficiency
Good Analytical, Administrative & Communication skills
English – verbal and written.
To apply for this job please visit careers.dhl.com.