Dimagi is an award-winning social enterprise and a certified B-corp and Benefit Corporation. We build software solutions and provide technology consulting services to improve the quality of essential services for underserved populations. Our open-source technology platform, CommCare, is the world’s most widely-used and researched mobile data collection platform for frontline workers. Our choice to be a certified B-Corp and to legally incorporate as a Benefit Corporation sends a clear signal to our partners, our team members, and our communities that we not only believe but also take action in using business as a force for good. This approach combines our passion and commitment to tackle complex health and social inequities and work towards a brighter future for all.
About the Solutions Division
The Solutions Division at Dimagi offers professional services to partners to impactfully deliver Dimagi technology and / or programmatic expertise. We build and scale sustainable, high-impact digital solutions that amplify frontline workers and programs in Low and Middle Income Countries (LMICs).
About the Position
Dimagi is looking for a Technical Project Manager to join our Solutions Division in South Africa. This position is open to remote employment in South Africa or can be based out of our office in Cape Town. The Technical Project Manager is a key member of the Project Delivery team and will directly support our project teams in creating high-impact, reliable, user-friendly digital systems for Dimagi’s public health partners. In this role, you will support a project team working on the optimal design and development of applications built on Dimagi’s flagship platform, CommCare – including requirements gathering, design, testing, implementation, and monitoring.
- Manage the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders to ensure technical feasibility.
- Provide technical guidance in software design, development, use, and maintenance.
- Provide valuable suggestions and solutions in data analysis, use, visualization, and integrations with third-party systems.
- Develop a detailed project plan, set milestones, monitor and track progress and quality, and perform appropriate risk management. Accurately estimates the level of effort required.
- Manage changes to the project scope and schedule using appropriate change control techniques.
- Provide guidance in every step of the application software development process, incl. creating prototypes, evaluating potential risks and defects, analyzing specifications and customizing applications.
- Manage the relationship with the technical stakeholders. Ensure that all expectations are anticipated and managed adequately
- Produce high-quality documents relating to application architecture, design steps, integration processes, and testing procedures for each solution developed.
- Amplify the work of a team by knowing everyone’s strengths and weaknesses. Coach, guide, train, lead and direct the technical work of the project team.
- Provides insight on how to strengthen efficiency and improve internal technical processes.
- Provide stakeholders with guidance and support on software development best practices.
- 4+ years of experience in technical project coordination or project implementation
- Experience working on software projects
- Experience working in and coordinating with dynamic teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Fluent in English and French
- Ability to balance multiple projects
- Excellent organization skills
- Interest in making a social impact
- Be willing to travel
- Authorized to work in South Africa
- Formal training in Computer Science or related disciplines, including through a degree program or dedicated training program
- Familiarity with the agile model for the software development lifecycle and quality assurance
- Experience using project management tools like Asana, Jira, or Confluence.
- Experience working with governments and/or public health
- Experience with systems integration and/or database management
- Experience with system and scenario flow diagrams, functional user assessments and testing, architecture and content structure, and technical specifications
- Experience delivering enterprise software systems and/or working within project management for software developers
Compensation and Benefits
We aim to make a difference, not just as a company but also as an employer. We are transparent about salaries at all levels of the organization and have a standard, global pay scale for all positions that is non-negotiable. The salary for this position is 700,310 ZAR annually.
The benefits we offer are geared towards having a strong impact on our staff’s well-being. A few of our key benefits are outlined below:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance
- 5% match to Employees’ Retirement Fund
- Employee stock option plan
- 30 days paid time off inclusive of holidays
- Unlimited sick time and excellent parental leave policy
- Access to a flex-time policy that allows employees to work based on a flexible work schedule
- Professional Development Benefit
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Magellan Healthcare
Dimagi’s Diversity Commitment
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, national origin, family or parental status, veteran or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit www.dimagi.com.