Nalco, an Ecolab Company, is looking for an Application Engineer to join its industry leading Nalco Water team. If you are a passionate professional that enjoys interacting with customers and likes to work in an autonomous environment, we invite you to apply. You will be joining a talented team that supports water treatment applications for a variety of industries. In this position, you will manage and develop long standing client relationships, with an intense focus on exceeding client expectations and driving service delivery. You will have a hands-on approach to service and deliver value through developing and managing technical projects to solve customer problems.
What’s in it For You:
- You will join a large growing company and work with some of our leading customers
- Flexible, independent work environment where you will plan your own schedule
- Access to best in class resources, tools, and technology
- Enjoy a paid training program allowing you to learn from successful professionals
- Comprehensive benefits packages in line with market and industry standards
- Receive a company service vehicle for business & personal use
- Opportunity for a long term, advanced career path in service, sales, corporate accounts or management
- Thrive in a company that values a culture of safety to include top-notch safety training and personal protection equipment
What You Will Do:
- Provide routine service support to Sales Representatives in strategic district accounts to execute agreed upon customer system assurance and continuous improvement plans
- Assist Sales Representatives with plant surveys of prospective customers
- Assist Sales Representatives with start-ups of new applications in both existing customers and in new accounts
- Develop strong relationships with the key stakeholders in the strategic district accounts where you provide service support to other District Sales Representatives
- Provide technical support to customers; identifying and resolving customer pain points, escalating as required
- Engage in problem solving by performing system analysis, interpreting data and providing written recommendations to ensure customer operations are performing at optimal levels;
- Support services include: Sample testing, light maintenance, customer service, service report generation, chemical ordering, chemical inventory management, general labor activities
- Follow Ecolab safety guidelines and incident reporting requirements
- Candidate must reside in: CITIES/AREA
- Route territory will include: CITIES/AREA
- Travel is required to support sales territory
Ecolab offers a world class training program designed to provide the tools and resources for you to be one of the best in your field.
This position requires successful completion of the XX-week in-field and classroom training program to maintain employment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Chemistry
- 2 years of technical service or field sales support experience
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to access and be comfortable with working in a variety of conditions and be able to perform the essential duties of the position.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and physical exam.
- Water treatment or specialty chemical industry experience;
- Working knowledge of boilers, cooling towers, and wastewater treatment systems would be an advantage.
- Ability to sell value-added products to customers.
- Carry aptitude and confidence to deal with large national and multi-national customers
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Experience working with MS Excel Spreadsheets.
About Nalco Water:
In a world with increasing water shortage and contamination challenges, Nalco Water, an Ecolab company, helps customers conserve more than 161 billion gallons of water each year. We work with customers across the world in the light industry (institutional, food & beverage, transportation and manufacturing), heavy industry (chemical, power and primary metals industries), paper and mining operations to reduce, reuse, and recycle their water while protecting their systems and equipment. Nalco Water provides the unique opportunity to work with a broad suite of technologies to deliver automated monitoring systems, data analysis and deep technical expertise to increase efficiency, sustainability and performance for our customers.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ecolab.com.