Website IG South Africa
Join the game-changers
IG Group is on an exciting growth journey around the world, developing new products, go-to-market channels and customer experience. We are establishing a new internal Marketing Operations Hub across Melbourne and Johannesburg to support the APAC region’s marketing transformation agenda, help differentiate the IG brand, attract new customer segments and grow market share. We are looking for a Johannesburg-based experienced Web Designer to join our growing creative team, who will be responsible for creating beautiful, intuitive and engaging websites and journeys that enhance our the user experience of our prospects and customers.
Your key responsibilities will include:
– Design intuitive, engaging and responsive web pages, websites and HTML emails for IG brands across multiple geographies
– Work closely with our optimisation team to conduct tests and maximise web performance globally
– Liaise with the landing environments team and developers to ensure web and app logic is properly integrated
– Optimise sites for maximum speed and scalability whilst ensuring website function and stability across devices i.e. desktop, mobile and tablet
– Employ industry and design best practice throughout the website build process
– Ensure that all designs, pages, sites and emails adhere to brand and accessibility / usability guidelines
– Be a key contributing member to project and campaign working groups, making recommendations & delivering against requirements to meet KPI’s
– Using your experience to help craft intuitive journeys and experiences that are able to demistify complex financial concepts.
Who we are
We’ve been at the forefront of trading innovation since 1974, taking on the challenge to deliver an unmatched experience for our clients and raise the bar for tomorrow’s opportunities. Today, we’re a global fintech company incorporating the IG, tastytrade, IG Prime, Spectrum and DailyFX brands, with a presence in 20 countries across five continents and over 400 000 active clients worldwide. But we know our success is only possible because of our people, who we encourage and empower to be brave, determined and inventive. Join us if you’d like to work in an inclusive, collaborative team that will recognise your talent and allow it to shine .
Where you’ll work
As part of our hybrid working environment, you’ll split your time between home and the office. In this way, you’ll be able to enjoy a better work-life balance and always bring your best self to your role. At the office, you’ll have access to everything you’d expect from a world-class employer, such as a modern working environment, agile spaces, private quiet rooms and breakout areas. Plus, all our offices are located in iconic city centres, close to everything you might need for a rewarding working experience. Located in Johannesburg, you will report into the Melbourne-based Hub Head of APAC Creative and Operations, and will be a key member of the Regional Marketing organisation that spans the UK and APAC. You will directly support local marketing teams in Australia, Singapore and Greater China, and partner closely with internal IG design, copy, multimedia, web design, social and CRM/CX colleagues, as well as our external creative agency in Melbourne. We will provide you with the technology and software required to operate remotely and engage safely beyond borders. Our office is a very friendly, modern space and security is a must. All areas follow the COVID guidelines required, from air ventilation, sanitizer to temperature monitoring. We also have a designated marketing hub area to keep a close family environment for those days we are in the office.
How you’ll grow
Your personal and professional development are important to us. As a company that’s constantly redefining the boundaries of possibility, we’ll challenge you to push yourself, accelerate your ambitions and rise to new levels of excellence. We know that’s a big ask, so we’ll make sure that you’re supported all the way, getting the backing you need and the recognition you deserve. If you connect with our vision and can get behind it, you’ll be rewarded with countless opportunities to experience new things and enhance your abilities. Within IG’s Global Marketing division, we have expertise across marketing strategy, planning and management, Brand, Content, Social, UX, CX, CRM, Analytics and CRO, Performance Marketing Channels, Marketing Partnerships, SEO, Martech, and much more. There are plenty of opportunities for on-the-job experiences across other disciplines, teams and training / resources to support your development and career ambitions. We also offer 360 performance reviews to help frame your career development and put the right people and support in place to empower you on your journey.
What you’ll get
– Competitive salary
– Contribution to medical aid for you, your children and spouse
– Life insurance
– Contribution to gym memberships
– Comprehensive global and local onboarding process – to the company and to your role
– Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning Platform
– Funding for trainings or studies relevant to your role
– Employee-led LGBTQ+, Women’s, Black and Parents & Carers networks with annual budget for organizing events & projects that foster an open, diverse and inclusive culture
– Option to participate and create ESG initiatives based on IG Brighter Future Fund
– 2 additional days off a year for voluntary work
– 1 additional day off to celebrate your Birthday
Who you are
You’re upbeat and enthusiastic, and you have an open mind and a curious, can-do attitude. You, like us, understand the importance of collaboration and are driven to be the best in what you do. You embody our three core values – to champion the client, learn fast together and raise the bar. You want to be part of a proudly carbon-neutral company that will prioritise your wellbeing and that of the world around you, helping to create a brighter future for all. A company that embraces diversity and welcomes everyone with respect, regardless of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, identification, faith or culture. If you’re inspired by our way of working and can bring something new to our team of top-notch people, then you’ll find a home here.
You will be creative, collaborative, tenacious, curious, energetic and open-minded.
– Experienced in digital design with demonstrable experience in web design
– Excellent design skill and attention to detail, with a strong understanding of UI & UX
– A good understanding and working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, HTML, CSS and Bootstrap. Adobe Experience Manager knowledge and experience would be advantageous
– A global team player, energised by collaborating and building relationships across cultures and geographies, and comfortable with reporting in across time-zones
– Comfortable and able to work flexibly to support time-zone variance across the region (specifically Australia)
– Expert in stakeholder engagement, a great listener and communicator, ensuring business partners are delighted and confident of shared outcomes.
– Proven success in working as part of a team including UI / UX designers, copy writers, developers & project managers, who together deliver complex, multi-stakeholder owned projects, navigating stringent regulatory and compliance requirements, and prioritising to meet tight timelines.
– Understanding of the technical elements of SEO
– Strong communication and critical thinking skills, delivery focused, organised and flexible
– Able to multi-task and work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
– Have excellent attention to detail and able to take responsibility for entire projects. Ensuring work is correct and consistent over a variety of languages
– A self starter, with an interest or experience in exploring the world of investing, finance and trading.
– Degree or MS in marketing, branding / creative arts a plus – Degree minimum required.
– Advanced knowledge of Workfront (or similar), MS a plus.
– Excellent communication and writing skills in English mandatory, bilingual Chinese-language skill an advantage.
From the team:
IG is a very dynamic business due to the nature of the industry, which makes it very exciting and driven. Monotony is a rare thing here!
Great culture, open leadership and friendly environment overall.
A growing team, with a very clear ambition and values: “Championing the client, raising the bar together & tuning for growth”
There is a great level of trust in managers to be self-directed, autonomous and challenge the status quo to drive positive change. A real dedication to growing and investing in talent to unlock excellence.
I really like the test and learn environment to learn fast together.
The impressive tech tack at our disposal, a business very invested in providing cutting edge technology to support marketing effectiveness.
To apply for this job please visit ig.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.