Lift Mechanic Apprenticeship Program available at KONE Elevators South Africa
Did you know KONE moves over one billion people every day? We employ over 57,000 driven professionals in over 60 countries worldwide joined together by a shared vision. As a global leader in the elevator and escalator industry, it is our mission to improve the flow of urban life.
Lift Mechanic Trade Apprenticeship Program has become available at KONE Elevators South Africa to be based in Port Elizabeth.
This is a unique opportunity to join a team of professionals and build a career in the elevator & escalator industry. If you feel you have what it takes and can add significant value to KONE and start you career then apply for this exciting opportunity!
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- The successful incumbent must have the following qualifications or experience:
- Matric (Grade 12) – With Math & Science and/or N2/N3 qualification either mechanical or electrical;
- 35 years of age or less;
- Computer Literate – Excel, Word, Power Point and Microsoft Office;
- Understanding and principles of customer relations and interaction;
- Ability to effectively communicate with a drive and performance orientation;
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- In performing the duties, the incumbent needs the following skills and abilities:
- Leadership and relationship building qualities, a bias for action and detail-oriented behaviors are required.
- A self-motivated individual with the ability to work under stress and meet deadlines
- Good communication, co-operation and interpersonal skills
- Strong technical, analytical and mechanical skills and abilities.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit; use hands and fingers; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, and climb or balance.
- The employee must lift and/or move up to 15 kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Climbing of stairs, ladders, scaffolds at jobsites and customer facilities
- 100% Medical Fit
Please attach an updated copy of your CV to your application
At KONE, we are focused on creating an innovative and collaborative working culture where we value the contribution of each individual. Employee engagement is a key focus area for us and we encourage participation and the sharing of information and ideas. Sustainability is an integral part of our culture and the daily practice. We follow ethical business practices and we seek to develop a culture of working together where co-workers trust and respect each other and good performance is recognized. In being a great place to work, we are proud to offer a range of experiences and opportunities that will help you to achieve your career and personal goals and enable you to live a healthy and balanced life.
Read more on
To apply for this job please visit kone.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.