Did you know KONE moves over one billion people every day? We employ over 57,000 driven professionals in over 60 countries worldwide joined together by a shared vision. As a global leader in the elevator and escalator industry, it is our mission to improve the flow of urban life.
KONE South Africa is focused on growing business presence, as success here will play an integral part in the overall success of KONE. To complement the growth plans a Quality Technician has a strategic role to play, ensuring the delivery of safe and high quality projects through this amazing growth phase.
Reporting directly to the Installation Manager, we are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Quality Technician to be based in our Durban office. In this role, you will be responsible for the delivery of projects of high quality with the KONE procedures and processes being followed at all times.
A Quality Technician focusses on creating internal customer trust, value and loyalty and hence we are looking for somebody with a proven track record of being a go-getter and understands quality at its core. We need someone who has the ability to influence, is result driven and has a strong quality and safety focus.
This is a unique opportunity to join a team of professionals who instill quality in all our activities to ensure quality products are delivered to our customers . If you feel you have what it takes and can add significant value to this role and department then apply for this exciting opportunity!
Are you the one?
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience, preferably in the maintenance/quality field;
- Good technical understanding of designs and solutions that meet customer expectations;
- Knowledge and experience of manufacturing/operational process(es) and their continuous improvement through application of Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing and/or other proven methodologies;
- Working knowledge to apply basic inspection concepts, techniques, and processes. Able to understand sampling characteristics, types, and selecting samples from lots.
- Knowledge which measurement and test equipment tools are appropriate for various applications and how to assess tool accuracy and precision. Must understand the concept of calibration standards.
- Evaluate raw materials, components, and other inputs to the production process and liaise with external vendors and suppliers to ensure that their products meet the organization’s quality standards;
- Evaluate the organization’s manufacturing processes, systems, and technology and recommend changes that will improve the quality of the organization’s finished products;
- Maintain and analyze quality records to prepare regular and ad hoc reports; check that established testing procedures are being followed; identify and address recurring problems;
- Educate and train quality assurance inspectors and other staff to ensure that they understand and comply with established quality procedures and standards;
- Identifies the benefits from Quality actions (Customer satisfaction, COT, CoPQ, other);
- Ability to work together as a team and promote a harmonious environment;
- Excellent English communication.
What do we offer?
- Great dynamic team promoting a collaborative environment;
- Total reward elements that engage and motivate our employees and help us make KONE a great place to work;
- Comprehensive learning and development programs covering a wide range of professional skills;
- Engaging job with position description and clear targets;
- Regular feedback through performance discussions;
- Opportunities for individual development;
- An ethical business environment;
- Mentoring and coaching programs;
- Flexibility, trust and respect;
- Value-based culture, behaviors and ethics;
- Sustainability and innovation;
- Working for a successful organization.
Applicants must upload their updated CV when applying for the position in order for us to review their details.
At KONE, we are focused on creating an innovative and collaborative working culture where we value the contribution of each individual. Employee engagement is a key focus area for us and we encourage participation and the sharing of information and ideas. Sustainability is an integral part of our culture and the daily practice. We follow ethical business practices and we seek to develop a culture of working together where co-workers trust and respect each other and good performance is recognized. In being a great place to work, we are proud to offer a range of experiences and opportunities that will help you to achieve your career and personal goals and enable you to live a healthy and balanced life.
Read more on
To apply for this job please visit kone.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.