Website Marsh and McLennan
- Understand the Client’s business issues, credit insurance programs and service plans
- Responsible for service delivery to the top-tier clients which includes all client meetings (with or without the Insurer).
- Actively source and market trade credit insurance internally and externally
- Achieve pre-agreed new business target
- Working with Marsh specific procedures and guidelines
- Strives to deliver best practice, market leading service and solutions
- Ensure successful renewal of insurance contracts as per the Marsh Trade Credit Professional Standards.
- Conduct service calls, pre-renewal and renewal meetings. Identify the client’s trade credit needs and objectives
- Request and analyse underwriting information and Insurer documentation.
- Prepare and submit accurate market presentations.
- Collate and negotiate renewal terms with existing and prospective insurers
- Assist in preparation of client renewal reports
- Manage declarations, collection and settlement of commissions or fees in accordance with Working Capital Management targets
- Preparation of budget for portfolio and understanding the importance of client profitability, with attention to monthly forecasting
- Keep abreast with the insurance markets (both local and overseas).
- Fostering of sound working relationships with other functional business units.
- Familiarity and compliance with all company policies, statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that technical, claims and service delivery standards are properly implemented for the client in terms of quality management systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all standards applicable in respect of the client service delivery function.
- Ensure all products and services available within Marsh Africa are marketed to the client as appropriate.
- Ensure that premiums are collected and properly matched internally.
- Participation and representation on various industry forums.
- Assist in the preparation of reports on specific projects, as requested
- Assist in supervision, coaching and management of performance of colleagues.
- Undertake specified tasks as directed any management adhering to agreed timescales
REQUIREMENTS: EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 5 years appropriate experience in the sales, and client service delivery function.
- Trade Credit insurance or related credit experience of 5 years advantageous
- Relevant formal qualification and AIISA (or similar) advantageous.
- Must be FAIS compliant – minimum 150 credits and have passed RE 5 Examination.
- Fluent in English (compulsory).
- Must have own vehicle and be willing to travel to see clients, and between Marsh offices.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Passionate about clients and service
- Enthusiastic – Energetic yet professional
- Self-disciplined – Required to manage your own portfolio of clients
- Communication – Structures content of communication
- Team player – Takes responsibility for team’s work
- Accuracy – Identifies issues and takes action
- Thinking Client First – Addresses underlying needs of clients
- Impact & Influence – Adapts to increase impact
- Business Awareness – Undertakes relevant research
- Drive for Results – Improves performance
- Leadership: Clarifies objectives
- Innovation: Thinking Outside the Box – Sees clearly through complexity
- Competent in Microsoft Office and all relevant Marsh business applications
OTHER (JOB KNOWLEDGE)
- Must be able to work in a high pressure environment and behave in a calm manner when under pressure.
- Must show resilience in character, and be able to bounce back from difficult clients or situations.
- Must be able to think on your feet, and have a mature approach to your work and clients.
- Professional personality and behavior at work, (working for a large global business and corporate type clients)
- Must have excellent, professional written skills, minute-taking, report writing skills, and strong attention to detail.
- Must have sales experience in trade credit industry
To apply for this job please visit careers.marshmclennan.com.