Website Marsh and McLennan
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 60+ cities across nearly 30 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation.
Oliver Wyman is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies – www.oliverwyman.com
Oliver Wyman is looking for an enthusiastic Designer with experience in create engaging, interactive, and immersive content experiences to join our graphics team in Johannesburg.
We are the global visual communication network for a large consulting firm that offers their services to top clients in many industries. Our mission is to help strengthen the brand of Oliver Wyman, create outstanding design that matches the insight of our consultants and partners and to translate complex concepts into engaging graphics. You will join a global team of about 150 colleagues. In DTP we believe in creating an environment that fosters balanced lives and a sense of fun and we enjoy working collaboratively with no artificial barriers and a flat hierarchy. You will work on large variety of complex graphic projects such as high-end marketing journals, reports as well as digital publications and will work with international team members and colleagues. In a team-oriented environment you will brainstorm and communicate efficiently with clients and team members. You will work with a global team of experts to further improve our quality standards and service offerings.
- Collaborating with international project teams and internal clients to create cutting-edge design solutions
- Using InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop on a regular basis to update assets or create original content
- Generating design ideas both as an individual and as part of a group, clearly articulating those ideas internally and with clients in a confident and convincing way
- Demonstrating problem solving skills: ability to work through a challenge to completion
- Independently engaging with clients; understanding and helping to solve complex client briefs while identifying and escalating potential challenges during a project.
Who We Are Looking for:
- You’ll have a minimum of 2 years of creative design experience
- You’ll possess a very deep knowledge and understanding of Adobe Creative Suite, primarily InDesign and Illustrator
- A highly proficient working knowledge of key visual creation tools – InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, i.e. an adaptable visual skill set
- A Bachelor’s degree in Design is preferred
- Written and Spoken English is essential.
Why Oliver Wyman?
Working as part of our global, entrepreneurial company, you’ll do meaningful work from day one. We’re looking for individuals who challenge the norm, and constantly strive to build something new for the firm and the world around us.
At Oliver Wyman, there’s no “one size fits all.” We hire exceptional people and help them thrive through a built-in support network, flexible career paths, and no artificial barriers to advancement.
We want you to bring your authentic self and enjoy working alongside diverse and down-to-earth colleagues who do serious work, but don’t take themselves too seriously.
At Oliver Wyman we do not unlawfully discriminate against anyone and we are particularly mindful of the requirements to prohibit discrimination based on nine protected characteristics namely: age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, sex, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity. Additionally, we pay close attention to work/life balance and family life, military status and personality types.
To learn more, please follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter: OliverWyman. www.oliverwyman.com/careers
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
To apply for this job please visit careers.marshmclennan.com.