Website Marsh and McLennan
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 60+ cities across nearly 30 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation.
Oliver Wyman is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies – www.oliverwyman.com
We are looking for an enthusiastic Designer with experience in create engaging, interactive, and immersive content experiences to join our graphics team in Johannesburg. We are the global visual communication network for a large consulting firm that offers their services to top clients in many industries. Our mission is to help strengthen the brand of Oliver Wyman, create outstanding design that matches the insight of our consultants and partners and to translate complex concepts into engaging graphics.
You will join a global team of about 150 colleagues. In DTP we believe in creating an environment that fosters balanced lives and a sense of fun and we enjoy working collaboratively with no artificial barriers and a flat hierarchy.
You will work on and manage a large variety of complex graphic projects such as high-end marketing journals, reports as well as digital publications and will work with international team members and colleagues. In a team-oriented environment you will brainstorm and communicate efficiently with clients and team members. With your experience and insight you will find the right approach for each challenge and coach and encourage your team members throughout. You will work with a global team of experts to further improve our quality standards and service offerings.
- Collaborate with international project teams and internal clients to create cutting-edge design solutions
- Independently manage and execute projects involving junior team members and contractors
- Use InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop on a regular basis to update assets or create original content
- Use tools such as Ceros (ceros.com) to create inspiring digital experiences
- Generate design ideas both as an individual and as part of a group, clearly articulating those ideas internally and with clients in a confident and convincing way
- Demonstrate problem solving skills: ability to work through a challenge to completion
- Independently engage with clients; understanding and helping to solve complex client briefs while identifying and escalating potential challenges during a project
- Provide creative consultancy to clients when relevant, and communicate progress on creative projects
- Demonstrate a strong connection with external design communities: keeping up to date with current industry practices and future directions
- Minimum of 2 years of creative experience
- Bachelor’s degree in design is preferred
- Very deep knowledge and understanding of Adobe Creative Suite, primarily InDesign and Illustrator
- Have a working knowledge of key visual creation tools – InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, i.e. an adaptable visual skill set
Skills and Attributes:
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Experience in managing complex projects
- Strong interest in producing creative content, dipping into photography, video, and
- graphic design
- Fully reliable when it comes to meeting deadlines, staying organized, and balancing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and Independent work style, ability to plan and execute without constant direction
- Demonstrable ability to take initiative is a must
- Not afraid to jump into untested waters and learn from failure
- Creative, highly organized, detail oriented and love getting stuff done while welcoming responsibility and tough challenges
- Can work with international colleagues across all hierarchy levels
- Have very strong communication skills, a strategic mindset, and can articulate a vision for yourself, your team, and the client
- Have the ability to interpret a brief, and respond with compelling and insightful concepts
- Able to explain your ideas to your colleagues and clients convincingly
- Comfortable working with sophisticated branding guidelines
- Adobe Acrobat (Expert)
- Adobe InDesign (Expert)
- Adobe Illustrator (Expert)
- Adobe Photoshop (Expert)
What we can offer you:
- Attractive compensation package and selection of benefits
- A range of digital collaboration and online communication tools to support effective team work
- Opportunity for professional growth and access to mentoring and training programs
- Inclusive culture with Employee Resources Groups and CSR activities
- Working in diverse and dynamic teams, friendly and flexible workplace that promotes work-life balance
- Fresh fruit, beverages and snacks
How to apply :
Please send CV and portfolio in English.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Why Oliver Wyman
Working as part of our global, entrepreneurial company, you’ll do meaningful work from day one. We’re looking for individuals who challenge the norm, and constantly strive to build something new for the firm and the world around us.
There’s no “one size fits all.” We hire exceptional people and help them thrive through a built-in support network, flexible career paths, and no artificial barriers to advancement.
At Oliver Wyman we do not unlawfully discriminate against anyone and we are particularly mindful of the requirements to prohibit discrimination based on nine protected characteristics namely: age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, sex, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity – we want you to bring your authentic self and be someone who enjoys working within a diverse and talented team. Additionally, we pay close attention to work/life balance and family life, military status and personality types.
To apply for this job please visit careers.marshmclennan.com.