Ozow provides easy, fast, and secure payment solutions for everyone. From QR codes, point of sale, eCommerce, e-billing, peer-to-peer payments, and everything in between, Ozow helps millions of businesses and consumers to pay and get paid.
We’re addressing real needs.
We’re a hyper-scaling fintech. With our latest $48m Series B funding round led by Tencent, we are able to do even more. But we can’t do this alone.
This is why you’re reading this. We’re on the lookout for innovative, problem-solving, big thinkers to come on board!
Ozow is the future of payment — a world-class payment platform for customers and merchants that is Ozow easy, Ozow fast and Ozow secure. We are looking for candidates who can inspire us and be inspired by us. We’re striving to become the industry leader that provides the simplest and easiest way to pay. And while we’re on our way to building an inclusive payments market, we’re building an equally inclusive workforce. So, join us as we achieve big things and beyond.
More about this Ozow fantastic position
As an Accounting Administrator at Ozow you fill an important and necessary role in the business. You will be a key member of our Finance Team, ensuring we run a world-class financial operation. We are looking for someone who is attentive to detail, thorough, and possesses a strong work ethic.
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- Qualification – Diploma/ Bcom in accounting.
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience in a similar role.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Analytical ability.
- Ability to function effectively in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience working with Xero advantageous.
- Experience working within a scale-up/fintech environment – advantageous.
- Proactive team player.
Your roles and responsibilities:
- Posting and reconciling daily bank account transactions.
- Debtor management and collection.
- Creditor management.
- Issuing statements to debtors and creditors.
- Management of procurement.
- General monthly invoicing.
- Manual adjustment of the monthly invoicing which does not come from the company’s dashboard.
- Invoicing adjustment – credit notes.
- Audit support.
- Ad hoc analysis.
- Reconcile creditors and debtors.
- Float top ups.
- Banking – inter-account transfers and supplier payments.
- Management of accounts mailbox and attending to any queries.
Your skills and competencies:
- Communication. You speak and writeclearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. You know when and how much information to communicate. You maintain this standard in all forms of written communication.
- Flexibility/ adaptability. You adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions.You cope effectively with complexity and change.
- High standards. You expect personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Intelligence. You learn quickly. You demonstratethe ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Problem solving.You are able to solve problems by analysing situations and applying critical thinking in order to resolve problem. You are able to decide on courses of action and implement the solutions developed in order to overcome problems and constraints.
- Work ethic. You possess a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. You havea track record of working hard.
- Step One: Our Talent Team will carefully review your application in line with the job description.
- Step Two: If there is a match, we will set up a remote, one-way interview.
- Step Three: We will send an assessment for you to showcase your skills.
- Step Four: There will be a be a second interview with a member/s of the Finance Team, who will work closely with you in this role.
- Step Five: Our CEO/Chief People Officer will meet with you face-to-face/remotely before finalising the hiring process.
Location of the position:
- This position is based in our Cape Town office.
What to expect at Ozow
At Ozow, we believe that what we do matters. It’s why we’re focused on driving greater financial inclusion and closing the digital divides. For everyone.
The secret to our success? We’re fast-paced, agile, passionate, and driven. We’re also heavily dependent on collaboration, camaraderie, collective hard work and innovation.
Collectively, all of this makes up our DNA. It’s the fuel to our rocket ship.
Benefits at Ozow
We’re serious about building our people.
As part of this, Ozow offers competitive salaries, growth development programmes (including a mentorship programme), along with a wide range of other benefits.
Depending on the team you’re in, we also offer remote and hybrid work options.
To keep the team mentally and physically healthy, we run a variety of initiatives geared to making a positive difference in their lives.
We’re also committed to creating an honest, supportive, inclusive environment that celebrates our diversity of backgrounds, ideas, skill sets, and life experiences.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.