Genesis Analytics is the largest economics-based consultancy in sub-Saharan Africa, with offices in Johannesburg and Nairobi. Our team of economists and other technical specialists advise companies, governments and regulators in emerging markets on regulation, competition, strategy and development issues. Over the last 20 years, Genesis has completed over 900 engagements for more than 100 clients, in 28 countries across Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Eastern Europe.
The work of Genesis’ Competition and Regulatory Economics practice involves the application of rigorous theoretical and empirical economic analysis to assist our clients in the context of competition law complaints (such as cartel conduct or abuse of dominance), the regulatory review of mergers, the design of sector regulation, corporate damages claims and international trade matters. Our reputation as leading economic experts in these areas is built on rigorous, fact-based economic analysis that is ethical, persuasively articulated, withstands close scrutiny and retains credibility in the eyes of the courts and other decision makers.
As part of a young and dynamic team, you will assist us in providing economic analysis on high-profile matters that shape the future operations of our clients and the industries in which they operate. You will work alongside leading competition economists that have provided independent expert economic testimony in many of South African’s landmark competition cases. You will also work with the country’s top legal teams and high-level decision makers in both business and public office. The exposure you will get to the inner workings of a wide cross-section of industries means that no two projects are ever the same.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Outstanding economists with excellent academic credentials and a minimum of a master’s degree in Economics (or similar qualification).
- No prior experience/coursework in competition or regulatory economics is required.
- Applicants must, want to work in an intellectually rigorous and challenging environment where they will be asked to solve problems by applying economic theory to real world situations.
- Strong analytical ability, critical thinking and written communication skills.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please follow the online application process on the career’s portal of the Genesis website
- We use an automated applicant tracking system in order to receive and manage all applications in one central point, and for this reason, we also do not accept any e-mailed CV’s or applications
- Once you have applied via our career portal, you will receive a confirmation e-mail that your application was received, and your application will be reviewed within a few days of receipt
- NOTE: Please be advised that uploaded documents / attachments cannot bigger than 4MB in total, as the system will not accept your application if the uploaded documents exceed 4MB
- Applications can only be made online – no other means of application will be accepted
- Relevant previous experience is essential
- Communication will be with short-listed candidates only – if you do not receive any feedback on your application within 3 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful
- Genesis Analytics reserves the right not to proceed with an appointment of any advertised role
- All appointments will be made in line with Genesis Analytics’ Employment Equity Plan and Policies
- All applications will be treated confidentially
To apply for this job please visit jobs.mcidirecthire.com.