Website SRK Consulting South Africa
A qualified individual with some experience in consulting and EIA processes is essential. The candidate should be a suitably qualified individual who is able to provide support in the field of sustainable development, including environmental impact assessment, strategic environmental planning and a wide range of other environmental management fields.
The successful candidate will have 2+ years’ experience and be familiar with NEMA, NEM:WA, NEM:AQA, WULA and the SEMA processes and associated legislation. The candidate should have experience in undertaking EIAs in South Africa. Experience in a specialist sub-discipline (e.g. terrestrial/aquatic ecology, climate change impact assessment) will be an added advantage. The candidate will be expected to provide support to SRK’s Senior and Principal consultants.
Experience and Skills:
The candidate must:
- Have a degree in Environmental Management (Honours) or higher / other relevant degree;
- Be working towards registration as an EAP or Pr.Sci.Nat;
- Have 2+ years experience.
Undertake project coordination duties and provide support to EIA project managers, including:
- Preparation of terms of reference for specialists and coordination of specialist inputs to projects;
- Coordination of project schedules;
- Budget tracking;
- Preparation of stakeholder engagement documentation;
- Preparation of proposals, letters and reports;
- Client liaison;
- Site visits and fieldwork as required on projects and travel within and possibly outside of South Africa (code 8 drivers’ licence with own vehicle and willingness to undertake project-related travel);
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and on multiple projects;
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team;
- Work on various project types including EIAs, environmental audits, AELs, WULAs, IWWMPs, stakeholder engagement and other projects as assigned.
The candidate should have the following competencies:
- Knowledge of environmental legislation and policy;
- Competent written and verbal communication skills in English – an additional South African language or French would be an advantage;
- Ability to analyse and integrate environmental and social specialist information and communicate this information simply as well as in technical terms;
- Ability to think holistically and deal with complex and interrelated information;
- Good interpersonal skills.
To apply for this job please visit www.srk.com.