Website Standard bank
The purpose of this role is to firstly assess, value and manage the various Equity books across SBG (including those in Wholesale, Retail and Wealth), secondly to assess the equity risk related to ECM (Equity Capital Markets) transactions, thirdly to assess the quasi-equity risk related to equity financing transactions in respect of BEE transactions or other for the EF&I (Equity Finance and Investments team) and fourthly to assess the equity risk of the group’s strategic investments related to its digital future-ready strategy. Support the SBG business units to deliver world class service to our external customers.
- First Degree Field of study: Commerce, Finance and/or Engineering
- Masters Degree Field of study: Finance and Accounting would be a advantage/CFA / CA (SA) / CIMA, BSE Engineering/Credit / Risk Management Qualifications (FRM / PRM)
- 7-10 years experience and application of extensive credit and/or equity risk management, preferably in a wholesale Corporate & Investment Banking or private equity environment.
- 5-7 Years experience working on structured transactions, mergers & acquisitions and/or project finance deals and investment vehicles.
- 5-7 Years experience interpreting company financials (balance sheets, cash flow projections, etc but with specific experience in mergers, valuation or higher risk transactions.
- Provide direct (specialist / professional) Equity Risk origination services at the customer interface to the Specialised Equity Risk Originator.
- Assessing or Preparing formal Equity Applications.
- Building Risk partnership with relevant stakeholders and communication
- Deal implementation.
- Ongoing Risk Management.
- Manage the existing Equity book in CIB and the wider SBG.
To apply for this job please visit www.standardbank.com.