Website Toys R Us and Babies R Us South Africa
Retail Shop Assistant
Welcome to the Toys R Us world of awwwesome, where we want your little ones imaginations to run free!
Toys R Us and Babies R Us are well established international brands. Commonly referred to as the “World’s Greatest Toy Stores”, Toys R Us SA currently boasts 60+ physical stores, two of which are located in Namibia, botswana and Zambia, as well as an ALL NEW AWWWESOME online store. The key focus of the group is to ensure that customers, young and old, from children to grandparents, are offered an amazing range and experience, complimented by great value! Are you a dynamic and passionate individual who will ensure exceptional customer satisfaction and excellent store performance?
Then we are looking for a Shop Assistant and we would like you to join our team!!
Maximizing sales by effectively delivering AWESOME customer service and providing customers with a WOW experience
Key Skills needed:
1. Sales driven
2. Fantastic customer service skills
4. Highly motivated and target driven
5. Excellent selling and communication skills
Key Performance Areas
1. Providing AWESOME customer service to give customer a WOW experience
2. Attend to unique and individual shopping needs of each customer and always put the Customer first
3. Ensuring that customers receive prompt and relevant service on the sales floor and by telephone
4. Adhere to all basic customer service standards
5. Determining customers’ requirements and advising on product range, price and warranties
6. Demonstrating, explaining and advising on products to customers
7. Selling goods and most importantly add on sales and services
8. Ensuring that goods are correctly priced and displayed
9. Ensure promotions are executed timeously and execution is planned in advance
10. Adherence to all merchandising/layouts and housekeeping standards and schedules
11. Preparation, implementation and maintenance of all advertised sales promotions timeously
12. Reporting on fast and slow sellers to the Store Manager
13. Participating in stock takes and stock counts
14. Minimize stock loss
15. Minimize expenses in area of responsibility
16. Maximize sales in all areas
17. Protect Company’s assets in area of responsibility
1. Matric Certificate
2. 6 (six) months retail experience
3. Must have own or reliable transport to be able to work shifts
1. To undertake any other relevant duties requested by Senior Management
2. To undertake all mandatory and service training as required
3. Maintaining the strict confidentiality of all information
4. To undertake an appraisal and personal development review regularly
5. To take responsibility and accountability for being up to date with current SOP’s
6. Co-operating fully in the introduction of any new technology and new methods.
To apply for this job please visit toysruscareers.simplify.hr.