Website Viv Gordon Placements
We have a super opportunity for a junior, customer service driven Community Manager at a leading ISP/Tech company in Cape Town’s Northern Suburbs. We’re looking for someone who has worked in an environment where they have had to handle high volumes of communication as well as having worked within a digital, content or agency environment in a social media role. Using Social Media management tools provided, the successful candidate will manage inbound messages across the Brand’s Social Media pages, and other online platforms. You will provide appropriate responses, guide customers to self-service channels and escalate to other sales or operational teams where required leading to a vastly improved positive sentiment, engagement score and response times. The Community Manager is responsible for implementing Social Media Marketing campaigns targeting new audiences, achieving audience reach and engagement targets as required and has ideally worked on a retail client, such as a supermarket group, or similar. Lovely opportunity for a Community Manager with a flair for great customer service. Apply today!
Note: This is a Monday to Friday on-site role (no shifts or after-hours work required).
Managing Inbound Social Media Messages Across All Social Media Channels & Other Online Platforms, Using The Tools Available
- Provide quick and appropriate responses across all inbound messages on the Brand’s Social Media pages, as well as other online platforms
- Proactively drive customers to self- service channels and relevant help content
- Escalate to sales or operational teams where appropriate.
- Work together with the escalation teams to ensure all messages are responded to. Follow up on any outstanding escalations that have not been resolved and stay on top of escalation team responses. Proactively highlight areas of concern to improve performance
- Allocate tags to inbound messages to assist with learning
- Ensure all inbound messages are resolved appropriately and quickly. There must be a resolution to inbound messages
- Using tool tracking, ensure deliver and aim to improve key metrics
- Ensure responses are aligned to brand tone and key messages
- Remove inappropriate content and block inappropriate followers.
- Be a super user and work together with the Brand Manager: Social Media to get full value from the tools and to highlight opportunity/ways to improve
- Train other users where required
- Proactive look for ways/tools to improve responses, including automation.
Identify Content Trends & Needs
- Based on inbound messages on a daily basis, proactively highlight to the Brand Manager: Social Media any content requirements so that content and appropriate responses can be generated
- Based on inbound messages and reporting, highlight any real opportunities for PSM
- Generate appropriate responses where relevant
- Monitor competitor activity.
Proactively Maintain Social Media Page Information
- Working together with the Brand Manager: Social Media, ensure that all content (copy and visuals) on Social Media pages is aligned to brand, updated and accurate.
Implementing Social Media Marketing Campaigns & Monthly Content Plans
- Assist the Brand Manager: Social Media to load content or marketing activity onto relevant sites as required
- Proactively provide feedback to the Brand Manager: Social Media on content and marketing activity to guide future campaigns
- Working with the Brand Manager: Social Media, share relevant content such as Fibre Network Owner updates or outages
- Load any emergency notification communication as directed.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Social Media Marketing qualification either as a Diploma, advanced certificate, or Degree. An individual module as a part of a course is not enough
- 2 – 4 years working in consumer brand, Community Manager roles
- Worked on brands with large volumes of inbound messages
- Demonstrate recent expertise using Clarabridge/Qualtrics tool – advantageous
- Must demonstrate experience crafting relevant responses and taking appropriate action on a range of inbound messages
- Agency or corporate experience
- Thick skinned
- Will be required to demonstrate experience with an assessment as a part of the interview process.
To apply for this job please visit vgp.co.za.