- Analyse, and understand other teams’ (product development teams) deployment processes to identify automation improvements to the Software Development Life Cycle.
- To advise and assist in other teams’ ways of working through implementation of automation for Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD).
- To support stakeholders in automated delivery improvements.
- Enable teams to deliver quality code into production using automated delivery tools.
Key Tasks & Accountabilities:
Automated Ci/Cd Pipeline Quality
- Responsible for designing and building automated CI/CD pipelines in line with quality standards:
- Support Product Development Teams in migration to corporate source code repository through coding of automation scripts or reviewing existing scripts.
- Support and enable the implementation of a continuous deployment pipeline.
- Collaborate with teams during integration of automated testing and identify areas of improvement.
- Recommend solutions to address areas of improvements, to ensure and enable automated continuous deployments.
- Equip and enable other Development Teams to implement CI/CDs.
- Continuously Monitoring CI/CD pipelines to enable improvements for Product Development teams.
- Provide subject matter expertise to support Product Development teams to investigate and troubleshoot issues relating to CI/CD.
- Working with DevOps Engineers to feed enhancements back into the overall Software Development Life Cycle process.
On-Time Delivery And Tracking
- Deliver developed solutions on time and in line with negotiated commitments.
- Highlight and escalated risks or delays in delivery.
- Support team members where necessary to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Conduct user story breakdowns to plan and derive at accurate estimations for delivery timelines. Log own delivery progress on Jira for reporting purposes.
Support To Product Teams
- Coach and guide Product Delivery Teams on the implementation of CI/CD.
- Provide subject matter expertise and knowledge to support various teams after hand-over (addressing issues, fixing errors, etc.).
- Contribute towards building a Guidebook (for other teams to follow) through accurately documenting DevOps processes.
- Engage with Product Owners, project sponsors and other stakeholders during inter-team communications and keep informed on scoping, progress and status of deployments.
- Actively participate in the Centre of Master / Community of Practice through contributing subject matter expertise and know-how.
- Respond to and address queries from stakeholders in a timely manner.
A relevant tertiary qualification in IT / Computer Science or IT Systems Engineering or any relevant major / Any relevant DevOps or CI/CD qualification
- Understanding of IT systems development processes (SDLC)
- Understanding of the workings of a DevOps environment
- Understanding of application development and testing practices
- Standards and Governance in software deployment
- AWS, GitLab, Docker
- Scripting (PowerShell, Bash)
- Cloud technologies
- 3 – 5 years in a Software Development environment, working on CI/CD
- Application development and testing
- Ability to coach and guide stakeholders and teams on CI/C
- Systems analysis and design.
- System architecture (technical design and implementation processes)
- Banking operational & systems environmen
5+ years in a Software Development
Specific DevOps environment experience would be advantageous
Cloud architecture & platforms
To apply for this job please visit webapp.placementpartner.com.